- Based on the approved Concept Design, GWA prepares documents to lodge an application for planning approval. This may include:
- ‘As existing’ drawings of the site and existing building(s), including Plans, Sections & Elevations;
- CAD drawings of the proposed scheme; including detailed Plans, Sections and Elevations, suitable for submission to Council or other Authorities;
- Site Analysis drawing;
- Statement of Environmental Effects (SEE);
- BASIX Certificate;
- Waste Management Plan;
- Shadow diagrams.
- GWA assists with the preparation of Consultant briefs and obtains fee proposals;
- GWA co-ordinates work carried out by consultants and integrates this work into the architectural documents;
- GWA may meet with neighbours;
- Meetings with the Client as required;
- The Client reviews and approves all documents before submitting the Application;
- Approximately 2-4 months for Council to assess DA. (Timing can vary)
CONSTRUCTION CERTIFICATE (CC)
Whilst more detailed than a DA, the level of detail in the documents produced for this stage is generally not enough for a builder to provide a tender. Often it can be possible to run this stage concurrently with the detailed documentation stage.
- GWA develops documents to incorporate Conditions of Consent and meet CC requirements;
- GWA coordinates and integrates secondary consultant’s designs;
- GWA prepares a Certifier’s brief and obtains fee proposals;
- GWA consults with the Certifier to manage the Construction Certificate process;
- The Client approves the documents for CC and it is lodged in the Client’s name.