- The Client provides a design brief, budget and program.
- GWA prepares a Return Brief listing specific project requirements;
- The Client reviews and approves the Return Brief.
- We talk about the process and estimate time required for the proposed works. Project fee is discussed.
- GWA researches and assesses the development controls and authority requirements;
- GWA prepares a DA checklist and Council Code Study;
- GWA assesses conditions, constraints and opportunities of the site based on a site visit, survey and photos; (other consultants may need to be engaged depending on site conditions)
- GWA assists the Client with the engagement of a building surveyor to undertake a site survey;
- GWA prepares a set of ‘as existing’ drawings of any existing structures on the property, including plans and elevations;
- Meetings with the Client as required.
- GWA produces drawings that show the general planning and proposed style of the design options;
- The Client reviews options and recommends updates. GWA incorporates changes or refinements based on this feedback;
- GWA reviews the proposed design in relation to planning controls;
- GWA may suggest a Pre-DA meeting with Council;
- GWA provides preliminary sketch design documents, including basic materials and finishes, for costing by Quantity Surveyor or Builder if required;
- Meetings with the Client as required;
- The Client signs off approved concept design before proceeding to next phase of work.