PROJECT TYPE: Alterations and additions
COMPLETION DATE: October 2012
AREA: 175 m2
This Paddington heritage terrace renovation re-invigorated a dark, damp and claustrophobic Victorian terrace. With wide tree-lined streets to the front and rear of the site, GWA’s design approach was to capitalise on the privileged position with a design that respected the heritage conservation elements and provided for contemporary functional living.
- Clients brief was achieved by executing a very efficient plan where spaces flow easily from one room to the next.
- Each space enjoys the benefit of natural light and ventilation through the landscaped front, rear, and centre courtyards.
- Additional space was generated by renovating the disused basement space. Transforming it into additional living spaces, storage, and a big laundry.
- Further space was liberated by transforming the attic space into a generous master bedroom suite.
- The scheme incorporated an additional 2 car garage.
- Property value increased 170%
Inspired? To help you create your dream home, we have put together a guide on what to expect at each step of the home renovation process. Learn more…