Windsor Street Terrace
PROJECT TYPE: Alterations and additions
COMPLETION DATE: November 2016
BUILDER: Building with Options
PHOTOS: Noel Mclaughlin
AREA: 250 m2
Taking pride of place on Paddington’s most prized heritage street. This Paddington Terrace had been run down and unsympathetically changed over the years. The house consisted of a series of small disconnected spaces on many different levels. It was tired, dark and falling down in places. GWA’s approach to re-invigrating the space was to create a clear hierarchy of spaces, Maximise living space, Rectify and enrich heritage elements and add fresh and functional contempory elements.
- Clients brief was achieved by executing a very efficient plan where spaces flow easily from one room to the next.
- Each space enjoys the benefit of natural light and ventilation through the landscaped front, rear, and centre courtyards.
- Additional space was generated by renovating the disused basement space. Transforming it into additional living spaces, storage, and a big laundry.
- Further space was liberated by transforming the attic space into a generous master bedroom suite.
- The renovation has resolved disjointed Garage, basement and main house into a seamlessly connected series of spaces.
- The kitchen was remodelled with fresh and streamlined new cupboards, appliances, counters and an enormous separate pantry
- Electrical, data, AC and sound was rewired throughout to bring the home up to current capacity