Heritage Terrace Renovation
PROJECT TYPE: Alterations and additions
COMPLETION DATE: November 2016
BUILDER: Building with Options
PHOTOS: Noel Mclaughlin
AREA: 250 m2
This Woollahra Heritage Terrace Renovation has pride of place on Woollahra’s most prized heritage street. This Woollahra Heritage Terrace was run down and unsympathetically changed over the years. The Heritage Terrace consisted of a series of small disconnected spaces on many different levels. It was tired, dark and falling down in places. GWA’s approach to reinvigorating the Heritage Terrace was to create a clear hierarchy of spaces, Maximise living space, Rectify and enrich heritage elements and add fresh and functional contemporary elements.
- Clients brief was achieved by executing a very efficient plan where spaces flow easily from one room to the next.
- Each space enjoys the benefit of natural light and ventilation through the landscaped front, rear, and centre courtyards.
- Additional space was generated by renovating the disused basement space. Transforming it into additional living spaces, storage, and a big laundry.
- Further space was liberated by transforming the attic space into a generous master bedroom suite.
- The renovation has resolved disjointed Garage, basement and main house into a seamlessly connected series of spaces.
- The kitchen was remodelled with fresh and streamlined new cupboards, appliances, counters and an enormous separate pantry
- Electrical, data, AC and sound was rewired throughout to bring the home up to current capacity
Inspired? To help you create your dream home, we have put together a guide on what to expect at each step of the home renovation process. Learn more…